The Centre for Israel and Jewish Affairs (CIJA) is seeking an experienced communications professional to lead the communications and media relations effort in Quebec. The successful candidate will maintain, strengthen, and expand a strong network of relationships and develop strategies that will ensure visibility and effective communication of our public policy agenda to internal and external stakeholders. In addition to being a member of the team in Quebec, the AD, Communications and Marketing is member of the national Communications and Marketing team and serves as the primary liaison between the national team and the Quebec team.
If you are a creative, self-starter who is passionate about issues that impact the Jewish community, this role for you. You should be comfortable working independently and in collaboration with a team. You enjoy a fast paced, evolving, and highly visible environment.
- Develop and implement the communications and marketing plan for CIJA in Quebec
- Develop content to advance CIJA’s strategic communications objectives
- Manage media relations activities in Quebec and coordinate media relations efforts with national communications team
- Write content in English and French including opinion pieces, press releases, and community updates
- Assist Federation CJA and community agencies with crisis communications and provide guidance on other communications products
- Work with national communications and marketing team to develop social media content
- Oversee quality control of French-language communications products
- Deliver oral presentations on a wide range of topics to key Quebec stakeholders
- Manage communications project in Quebec
Job Skills and Requirements
- Fluently bilingual in French and English
- Excellent communicator both orally and in writing
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Minimum of five years of strategic communications and media relations experience
- Experience in pro-Israel or Jewish community advocacy an asset
Commensurate with abilities and experience
Interested candidates should apply in confidence to [email protected] with cover letter and resume. Subject line: Associate Director Communications QC
Stay In the Know!
Get all the latest information from our newsletter, "This Week in Canadian Jewish Advocacy."