Program Coordinator - CIJA/Jewish Federation of Greater Vancouver
This is a full-time position shared between the Centre for Israel and Jewish Affairs (CIJA) and the Jewish Federation. The coordinator will work for CIJA in the mornings and Jewish Federation in the afternoons.
Jewish Federation of Greater Vancouver:
Position Overview: Reporting to the Associate Director, Community Engagement, you will be responsible for providing administrative support to the regional community (Connect Me In) and the Beyachad BC engagement teams by:
• Managing the logistics for all programs and events held in the regional communities including arranging speakers, booking facilities, catering, sending out email invitations and reconciling event budgets.
• Coordinating workshops and other events offered through Beyachad BC.
• Supporting the community connectors with scheduling meetings, responding to inquiries, and producing reports.
• Producing marketing materials and updating the Connect Me in Facebook page.
• Maintaining updated contact lists on the Federation’s data base
• Taking minutes at regional community committee meetings.
Centre for Israel and Jewish Affairs:
Position Overview: Reporting to the Senior Director, CIJA Pacific Region, you will be responsible for providing administrative support to the local staff office.
• Providing daily administrative support to the Director and the local staff office
• Organizing, assembling documentation for, and taking minutes for internal team and external meetings
• Scheduling appointments and meetings, and managing the office calendar
• Managing all logistics for on and off-site events including room bookings, catering, managing email invites/RSVPs
and producing materials for special events
• Compiling updated contact lists and providing memos once approved by manager
• Reception duties (answering phones, mail, attendance tracking, preparing shipments, ordering office supplies, maintaining records)
• Minimum 2 years of related experience
• Proficient in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point
• Willingness to learn new software programs quickly and effectively.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize simultaneous items of importance and time sensitivity.
• Proficient English writing skills
• Maturity, excellent judgment, discretion
• Knowledge of the Jewish community is an expectation.
• Knowledge of Hebrew, Spanish or Portuguese will be an asset.
• Must have a BC driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
Qualifications: Associate's Degree and 0-2 years of experience.
Contact: [email protected]
Jewish Federation of Greater Vancouver posting here.
Stay In the Know!
Get all the latest information from our newsletter, "This Week in Canadian Jewish Advocacy."