Your gift will make an impact
How is CIJA unique?
- Sole advocacy agent of Canada’s Jewish Federations
- Only registered lobbyist for the Jewish community
- Only group to bring hundreds of Canadian influencers to Israel annually
- Focus on communication with non-Jewish community
- Strategic approach based on research, polling & analysis
[feature_text]CIJA’s work is funded by the Jewish Federations of Canada-UIA. Every gift – regardless of size – makes a difference in building a secure future for our community.
CIJA builds and nurtures relationships with leaders in government, media, academia, civil society and other faith and ethnic communities to ensure greater understanding of the issues that impact the Jewish community. CIJA combats antisemitism and discrimination in all its forms and advocates for fundamental rights and freedoms, social justice, and support for the people of Israel.
As the advocacy agent of the Jewish Federations of Canada, CIJA is a national, non-partisan, non-profit organization dedicated to improving the quality of Jewish life in Canada by advancing the public policy interests of Canada’s organized Jewish community.
CIJA connects the power of a strong, national network to regional efforts in every Canadian province and, as the Canadian affiliate of the World Jewish Congress, to international efforts worldwide.
Staying on top of the issues requires proactive, innovative, and effective advocacy. Building a secure future for our community demands strategic action today.Please contribute
Your investment directly enables:
- Government lobbying and media communications on major issues affecting Jewish Canadians – including social justice policies, antisemitism, religious freedoms, genetic discrimination, and the cost of kosher food.
- Security training and audits at Jewish sites across Canada, resulting in more secure schools, synagogues, and other community facilities.
- Fact-finding Missions to Israel that mean parliamentarians, journalists, university officials, and civil society leaders understand the values Israelis and Canadians share.
- Training, grants, and resources for campus activists, empowering students to speak up, educate their peers on issues concerning the Middle East, and ensure that campus remains a safe and comfortable environment.
- Effective advocacy based on the strategic use of polling to measure current and emerging opinions and trends in the Jewish and broader Canadian community.