The Centre for Israel and Jewish Affairs (CIJA) is a non-partisan, non-profit organization dedicated to improving the quality of Jewish life in Canada through advocacy. CIJA connects the power of a strong, national network to regional efforts in every Canadian province. Our team provides advocacy support to Jewish and pro-Israel communities across the country.
This is a Toronto-based position reporting to the VP, GTA. The position is integral to CIJA’s GTA and Government Relations teams, with lead responsibility for CIJA’s government relations strategies throughout Ontario with provincial and municipal governments.
The ideal candidate will be a confident, experienced individual with excellent judgment, flexibility, a capacity to quickly master new tasks, and the ability to work both independently and in a team.
An organized team player with exceptional people skills and an ability to build meaningful relationships with stakeholders throughout the political sector, you have excellent communications ability, a strong knowledge of Ontario’s political landscape, familiarity with the community’s public policy agenda, and a willingness to learn.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Leading the development and implementation of our Ontario provincial and municipal government relations strategy.
- Developing and strengthening relationships with elected officials, political staff, civil servants and key decision makers to enhance CIJA’s visibility and influence and advance CIJA’s advocacy agenda.
- Anticipating issues that might arise in the political sector and preparing for their effective management.
- Supporting the development of policy recommendations that advance CIJA’s broad advocacy objectives and communicating policy stances to government.
- Liaising with Ontario Jewish Federation executives and assisting with their government relations needs.
- Overseeing and implementing events and campaigns to further CIJA’s advocacy goals, such as advocacy days.
- Other duties as required.
Job Skills and Requirements
- Have outstanding organizational skills
- Enjoy working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Proven problem solver
- Comfortable making difficult decisions
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Motivated by working with a collaborative team
- At ease with public speaking
- Experience in Israel and/or Jewish advocacy an asset
Interested candidates should apply in confidence to [email protected] with a curriculum vitae and cover letter.
Stay In the Know!
Get all the latest information from our newsletter, "This Week in Canadian Jewish Advocacy."