Office Services Coordinator, Toronto
Reports to: Vice President, University and Local Partner Services and Vice President, GTA
The Centre for Israel and Jewish Affairs (CIJA) is a non-partisan, non-profit organization dedicated to improving the quality of Jewish life in Canada through advocacy. CIJA connects the power of a strong, national network to regional efforts in every Canadian province. Our team provides advocacy support to Jewish and pro-Israel communities across the country, including on university campuses.
The Office Services Coordinator is a Toronto-based position providing technical and programmatic support for the two Toronto-based Vice Presidents and other Toronto based staff and for the Maspik! Program. The Services Coordinator is an integral member of the Local Partner Services, Campus, and GTA Teams. The Services Coordinator also acts as a key liaison between staff, property management, IT, accounting, and community partners.
The ideal candidate will be a mature, experienced individual with excellent judgment, flexibility, a capacity to quickly master new tasks, and the ability to work both independently and in a team. An organized team player with exceptional people skills, you have excellent computer skills, strong communications ability, a proven track record of creatively and efficiently dealing with multiple tasks and team members, and a willingness to learn.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Provide technical support to Vice Presidents through compiling and organizing documents/reports/lists
- Prepare and disseminate communications and information products for the GTA team
- Lead support for Maspik! including budget management (requires extensive experience with Excel)
- Online research as required
- Manage and maintain appointment calendars for multiple senior managers
- Compile and maintain contact lists in NationBuilder and other platforms
- General office administration (reception, answering phones, ordering office supplies, shipping, petty cash, maintaining the storage/supply room and photocopier)
- Other responsibilities as determined by the employer.
This job is for you if you:
- Have outstanding organizational skills, including a track record of successful multi-tasking and changing priorities on a short notice
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, often high-pressure environment
- Have the capacity for self-management
- Demonstrate attention to detail
- Have superior written and verbal communications skills
- Feel comfortable working flexible hours that may include evenings and weekends as required
- Enjoy working within and contributing to a dynamic and demanding team
- Have a genuine desire to learn and to eventually move ahead within the organization
- Hold a post-secondary degree.
This is a full-time, Monday-Friday position.
Location – Remote work during COVID, with planned return to office-based work at Bathurst and Sheppard.
Knowledge of Toronto’s Jewish community is a strong asset.
Applications will be considered as they are received.
Applications should be submitted to Judy Zelikovitz