The Centre for Israel and Jewish Affairs (CIJA) is a national, non-partisan, non-profit organization dedicated to protecting Jewish life in Canada through advocacy. We are seeking a senior professional with 5-10 years of relevant experience to sustain and grow our strategic relationships with faith and ethnic communities across Canada.
As a key member of CIJA’s Partnership Team, the incumbent will build relationships between CIJA and external stakeholders such as ethno-cultural groups, other faith communities, civil society organizations such as NGOs and unions, and other interest groups as necessary. Reporting to CIJA’s Vice President, External Affairs and working in collaboration with the Vice President, Greater Toronto Area, this position is based in Toronto.
Representing the Jewish community of Canada to other organizations and communities, this position focuses on building strategic partnerships and facilitating collaboration ranging from hosting events together (e.g. panel discussions, conferences, or townhalls), organizing strategic initiatives (e.g. lobby days, joint campaigns), or creating broader coalition groups and advocacy campaigns on issues of shared concern. Work will also focus on identifying partnership opportunities at the federal, provincial, and municipal levels with key stakeholder groups as identified by the Partnerships, Policy and Government Relations teams, while also monitoring discourse with stakeholders to identify other issues that should be prioritized by CIJA.
The incumbent will help coordinate CIJA’s Partnerships efforts across the country with colleagues posted in other cities, particularly in Montreal and Vancouver, and will also be called upon to help manage CIJA’s Legal Task Force.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- University degree plus 5-10 years relevant experience
- Knowledge of the Canadian Jewish community and the ability to represent it with confidence and personal credibility
- Familiarity with the diverse communities that make up the Canadian mosaic
- Able to effectively represent CIJA and the Canadian Jewish community with leadership of mainstream and evangelical Christian denominations and of other religious and ethnic groups
- Ability to work with communities, groups and individuals from across the cultural, religious and political spectrums — from the conservative and traditional to the most progressive.
- An ability to work effectively with senior leadership of the Jewish and non-Jewish communities
- Familiarity with Canadian domestic and international policy and policy formation, and an ability to assess and convey how those policies impact on diverse Canadian communities
- Strong interpersonal skills, judgment, maturity, and the ability to sensitively navigate through complex and challenging issues of culture, sexual identity, religion, and race
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- A demonstrated ability to manage multiple time-sensitive files
- Experience with work in multidisciplinary teams
- Availability for travel and occasional work outside normal working hours as needed
- Functional knowledge of spoken French is an asset.
CIJA offers a generous benefits package and compensation commensurate with experience. Expressions of interest should be received no later than May 25, 2021 to the attention of Silvia DiNardo at [email protected]. The words “External Affairs” should appear in the subject line.