This historic event on December 14th brought together diplomats, dignitaries, and faith leaders from across the Middle East with our community in Canada to celebrate the most significant diplomatic development in the Arab-Israeli conflict in decades. Following the ground-breaking first ever simultaneous Chanukah candle-lighting in the United Arab Emirates | Bahrain | Israel | Canada, candle-lighting , dignitaries and diplomats held discussions about the impact the Abraham Accords will have in the region and on Jewish – Arab relations around the world.
Special Guests Included :
- H.E. Marcy Grossman | Canada’s Ambassador to the UAE and a founding member of the Jewish Council of the Emirates
- H.E. Houda Nonoo | Former Ambassador of the Kingdom of Bahrain to the USA (with accreditation to Canada), the first Jewish diplomat to be posted abroad by any Arab country
- M.K. Michal Cotler-Wunsh | Member of Knesset in the Blue and White Party and Chair of the Subcommittee on Israel-Diaspora Relations
- Rabbi Yehuda Sarna |Chief Rabbi of the Jewish Council of the Emirates
- Ohad Nakash Kaynar | Deputy Head of Mission, Embassy of Israel | Ottawa
- Rabbi Idan Scher | Congregation Machzikei Hadas | Ottawa
- Rabbi Jarrod Grover |Beth Tikvah Synagogue | Toronto
- Shimon Koffler Fogel | President & CEO, CIJA | Ottawa
This event was organized by the Centre for Israel and Jewish Affairs (CIJA), Congregation Machzikei Hadas in Ottawa and Beth Tikvah Synagogue in Toronto with support from Jewish Federations across Canada.