Reporting to the VP Quebec, this position is based in Montreal.
The Associate Director, Partnerships and Community Engagement works to engage with and build relationships between CIJA and external stakeholder groups, such as ethno-cultural groups, faith communities, NGOs, and other interest groups as appropriate. The candidate will focus on identifying opportunities at the regional level in alignment with CIJA's provincial and federal policy priorities, while supporting or participating in initiatives linked to these national priorities.
The successful candidate will create, maintain, strengthen, and expand a strong network of relationships and develop strategies for facilitating collaboration between CIJA and these other organizations and communities. The candidate will lead collaboration and joint efforts ranging from exchanging on areas of mutual interest and concern and related strategic initiatives and working together to advance meaningful progress on issues of shared concern. The candidate will also attend a variety of meetings, conferences and events relating to his or her mandate, representing CIJA.
This position also serves as a touchpoint between CIJA and Jewish community agencies and organizations creating opportunities for outreach, training, and sharing of CIJA expertise.
The Associate Director, Partnerships and Community Engagement also manages the Montreal-based young professionals Ambassador Program. In addition to being a member of the team in Quebec, the Associate Director, Partnerships and Community Engagement is member of the national Partnerships and Local Partner Council teams and serves as the primary liaison between those national teams and the Quebec team. If you are a creative self-starter who is passionate about issues that impact the Jewish community, this role is for you. You should be comfortable working independently and in collaboration with a team. You should enjoy a fast-paced, evolving, and highly visible environment.
- Develop and implement the partnership plan for CIJA in Quebec
- Identify relevant groups to connect with, and files that could be of joint interest
- Represent CIJA at conferences, events etc.
- Develop and create opportunities for outreach, training and sharing of expertise with FCJA agencies and other community groups
- Create, manage, and support opportunities for requests for CIJA speakers and events
- Make presentations on CIJA agenda to partners and community groups.
Job Skills and Requirements
- Fluently bilingual in French and English
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Experience in pro-Israel or Jewish community advocacy an asset
Commensurate with abilities and experience
Interested candidates should apply in confidence to [email protected] with a curriculum vitae, cover letter, and a short writing sample with subject line: Your Name – Associate Director, Partnerships and Community Engagement - Quebec.
Stay In the Know!
Get all the latest information from our newsletter, "This Week in Canadian Jewish Advocacy."