Title: Contract Educator
Reports to: VP Local Partner Services
The Centre for Israel and Jewish Affairs (CIJA) is a non-partisan, non-profit organization dedicated to improving the quality of Jewish life in Canada through advocacy. CIJA connects the power of a strong, national network to regional efforts in every Canadian province. Our team provides advocacy support to Jewish and pro-Israel communities across the country, including on university campuses.
CIJA is looking to fill the role of part-time educator (six-month contract with possibility of extension). The educator portfolio is in place to help create, implement, facilitate and train others in the field of education and facilitation about key topics of strategic priority including combating antisemitism.
The job entails identifying gaps, needs and opportunities for educational resources and curricula, workshops, approaches, paradigms and strategies.
- Collaborate with the Director, Community Training and VP Local Partner Services to identify training needs.
- Oversee and direct seminars, workshops, and training sessions for police services, school boards, trustees, superintendents, teaching faculty and department heads, and other audiences.
- Plan and implement an effective training schedule and deliver curriculum developed with Director of Community Training.
- Prepare hard-copy training materials such as module summaries, videos, and presentations in conjunction with Community Training portfolio.
- Provide follow-up readings, materials and resources for educators who have undergone training as well as supportive continuing education.
- Support local partner meetings and identify areas for programming
Job Skills and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or Masters in related field.
- Impressive communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of proven experience in a teaching or training position.
- Strong intercultural competency and dialogue skills.
- Solid knowledge of the latest training techniques and ability to adapt based on audience.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Collaborative energy and framework with current comprehensive community training portfolio.
- Ability to travel in Canada and work occasional evenings or weekends.
Interested candidates for this six-month contract, should apply in confidence to [email protected] with cover letter and resume. Subject line: Contract Educator.