Title: Director, Policy and Research, Quebec
Reports to: Vice President, CIJA Quebec
Position Overview / Competencies
- Strong analysis and research skills
- Strong writing skills in French and English
- Public speaking
- Understanding of key community policy issues
- Extensive knowledge Québec political landscape, historical and cultural nuances
- Extensive knowledge of Israel, global and local antisemitism
- Fully bilingual – emphasis on French
Capabilities: Strategic thinking, working under pressure; agility to pivot with strategic thinking
- Develop Quebec-specific policy positions consistent with the values and advocacy goals of CIJA to support outreach efforts
- Monitor and research antisemitism
- Research, write briefs, backgrounders; analyze emerging issues, trends
- Maintain and grow network of relevant contacts
- Collaborate and network with municipal and provincial civil society agencies, organizations, think tanks, and academic institutions
- Coordinate and follow up with Jewish community social service agencies, security professionals
- Work with CIJA team and actively contribute to CIJA policy agenda
- Attend events (COVID permitting) and occasional travel
- Any other task deemed appropriate or necessary by VP Quebec.
Submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with Application-CIJA QC Policy-YOUR NAME in the subject line.
The Centre for Israel and Jewish Affairs (CIJA) is the advocacy agent of the Jewish Federations of Canada. We are a national, non-partisan, non-profit organization, representing the perspectives of 150,000 Canadian Jews affiliated through local Federations.