The Jewish Federation of Winnipeg (JFW) is actively looking for a dynamic individual who sees themselves as a genuine leader with vision and the ability to engage and inspire others, with an established and appropriate work experience for the position of Chief Executive Officer (CEO) for the organization. A major requirement of the CEO is to fulfill the JFW’s Mission of “Acting as the representative body of the Winnipeg Jewish Community, building and sustaining a strong, secure and connected community rooted in Jewish values.” In addition to managing all aspects of the JFW, the CEO will be required to keep the JFW connected to the rest of the Jewish Community of Winnipeg. Amongst the duties as the CEO of JFW, you will be responsible for:
• All levels of communication, both internal and external
• Overseeing the development of new initiatives, while maintaining existing programs
• Taking the Combined Jewish Appeal campaign to new levels by leading staff and supporting lay leaders
• Fundraising and major donor development through partnerships and initiatives
• People management within the organization, including assessing talent, building capacity, and ensuring proper departmental staffing
• Helping to set and implement policies related to JFW while taking direction from the Board
• Financial and administrative oversight of the JFW Creating a positive work culture within JFW with a dedicated focus on morale and development
• Communicating and positively working with Jewish and nonJewish organizations
• Leading efforts and enhancing government relations
• Understanding and overseeing proper Compliance and Governance
• Recruitment, retention, and development of staff
• Implementing HR and staffing plans to ensure timely support to board and committees
If your past employment history demonstrates these abilities, the JFW would like to hear from you.
At least 5 years of proven leadership roles in other Jewish organizations would be an asset, but not a requirement.
The new CEO will be replacing the current CEO who is retiring in 2023, so the start date will be determined by the availability of the successful candidate.
When applying, please supply a cover letter, resume or CV, including three references, a start date and salary expectations to
[email protected] with the subject line: CEO Application, by February 10, 2023.
All applications will be held in confidence.
We at the Jewish Federation of Winnipeg thank all those that apply, but only those receiving an interview will be contacted.
For more information about the JFW please visit jewishwinnipeg.org
Stay In the Know!
Get all the latest information from our newsletter, "This Week in Canadian Jewish Advocacy."